Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cooking: Crock-Pot Dove

My fiance went dove hunting last year and we still had some in the freezer to eat. So here's what I whipped up.

Ingredient list:
  • 2 pounds dove breasts
  • 1 can diced tomatoes with chilies (not 2 like pictured below)
  • 1 poblano pepper, chopped
  • 2 jalapenos, chopped
  • 1 recipe homemade cream of mushroom soup (or 2 cans Campbell's + 1 onion chopped)
  • salt and pepper to-taste


As with all crock-pot recipes, this is pretty easy: dump, mix, and cook.
I cooked it on low for 6 hours.


Sorry, no plated picture this time, my fiance and I both took it for work lunches this week so I didn't get a chance to get a "pretty" picture.

I served it over quinoa, but it would also be great over rice, mashed potatoes, or flat wide egg-noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment