Monday, November 7, 2011

Cooking: Swai Fish Wrapped Asparagus

Found this recipe idea from the Youtube user "quotidianlight":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-aGcW9MFgU

The original recipe called for Sole fish fillets. My grocery store didn't have any, so I got Swai fish fillets instead. And they were on sale, yay!

2 pounds Swai fish, 2 bunches asparagus, heavy cream,
garlic, lemons, olive oil, vermouth, dill, salt, pepper.

Saute asparagus in olive oil and minced garlic. Sprinkle with salt while cooking.



Use the Swai fillets to wrap the asparagus. Add 1/2 cup vermouth, juice of 1 lemon, and drizzle with olive oil.



Juicing the lemon! Yes, I know you all know how to juice a lemon, I just want to show off my juicer! I looked for a reasonably-priced old-fashion juicer for a while at various antique stores, then my mom gave me the one that was my late grandma's on my dad's side.



Then cover with foil and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. When you remove it from the oven, drain the juices into a pan. (I used the pan I sauteed the asparagus in so the garlic left behind wouldn't go to waste.) Recover the fish & asparagus with the foil so it stays warm.



Add dill, salt, pepper, juice of the other lemon, and heavy cream. I used 1 cup of heavy cream. (By accident actually... the original recipe called for 1/4 cup, but I ended up liking the creaminess of 1 cup, so I'll re-do my "mistake" next time I make this.)



Reduce for 30-45 minutes, whisking frequently. The longer you reduce, the thicker the sauce.



Pour over the fish and asparagus.




Plated picture:


I will make this again, tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment