Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cooking: Florida Seafood Casserole

This is one of my favorite casserole recipes, Florida Seafood Casserole!

And lemon juice! I missed getting it in the pic.

Saute chopped onion in butter until soft. 

Stir in 1/4 cup flour. Add half and half; cook until thick and bubbling.


Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese. (I do the cheese first because it melts in better.)

Then add:
3-4 cups cooked rice or quinoa
crab meat
cooked shrimp (I cut my shrimp in half to get more even distribution)
water chestnuts
pimentos (small jar or 1/2 a large jar)
handful of fresh parsley, chopped
lemon juice, to taste, about 3 tablespoons
salt & pepper, to taste


Mix well.


Pour into greased casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes at 350°.

After removed from the oven, add the rest of the cheese and let it melt on top.


It sets up better if you wait about 10 minutes...
But I was hungry!

I also find this recipe makes a great brunch dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment