Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Cooking: Greek-a-licious

This is one of my "go-to" meals because I usually keep most of the stuff stocked in my kitchen. It's not "authentic", more along the lines of "Greek inspired", but it's easy and tasty!

Main Ingredients: 1 pound ground lamb, orzo, 1/2 cucumber,
1/2 red onion, grape tomatoes, Greek yogurt, olive oil, feta,
lemon juice, kalamata olives (pitted)

Herbs & Spices: Dill weed, garlic powder, coriander,
cardamom, nutmeg, salt, pepper, garlic, mint.


Tzatziki sauce:

  • ~2 cups Greek yogurt (drain in a cheesecloth if desired)
  • 1/2 cucumber, peeled & shredded
  • lemon juice
  • drizzle of olive oil
  • dill weed
  • garlic powder
  • salt
  • pepper
(I just do it "to-taste", so I don't have any measurements.).


Shred the cucumber early, so you can drain some of the water out of it.


Brown the lamb meat until about half way done. Add chopped onion, minced garlic, cardamom, coriander, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Cook until onions are soft and meat is fully browned.


While the meat is browning, cook the ozro according to package directions.


The plate: Ozro, lamb meat, tzatziki sauce, halved grape tomatoes, chopped kalamata olives, feta cheese crumbles, and torn mint leaves.

This was enough for 2 meals!
I took leftovers for my work-lunch the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment